Italians & Home Nations

Our foreign guests can here discuss of italian and international rugby in english.

Moderatore: billingham

pier12345
Contatta:

Re:

Messaggio da pier12345 » 25 mag 2008, 8:45

danci ha scritto:
ballyhoo ha scritto:
c) Glasgow and London irish will qualify for the first time to the quarterfinals of the Heineken Cup
wrong for Glasgow
right for the Exiles (thank a scot ref...)
ballyhoo ha scritto:d) Munster..with the inclusions of Paul O Connell, Doug Howlett , Paringatai ( all injured ) will be favourites to win the Heineken Cup
they're not even going to advance to the knock-out stages 'cause they're going to lose both next two matches
ballyhoo ha scritto:e) Ireland will finish second last in the 6N
who will be the winner?

ok Danci....time to pay that Pint!! :wink:

Pukana
Contatta:

Re: Italians & Home Nations

Messaggio da Pukana » 26 mag 2008, 2:40

pier12345 ha scritto:Toulon on the verge of a nervous collapse!

Victor Matfield and Anton Olivier have refused new contracts and will leave the club at the end of the season
Bakkies Botha Saga will go to the South African Constitutional Court!! ( rumours have it that the Blue Bulls will release him BUT NOT to TOULON)

Toulon say they have signed 9 new players for next season in the TOP14 already!! ..one is Koyamaibole as we know

they claim also DAN CARTER who will be paid euro42,000 per game plus euro100,000 signing bonus!!

the problem? Toulon lost again..and have racing metro now only 3 points behind ...and the club in a bi spin..with mnay players not happy etc etc...

this will be interesting! :P
hey Pier they did it! well now DC can finally sign the real contract (he signed a pre-agreement) and fly to Toulon in December. I will be in italy for xmas and i will probably go and see my friend at the toulon club.

About Anton Oliver he has decided to retire to all matches to pursue his passion for conservation. he is a famous activist here in NZL and he will probably wants to come back and do something to preserve our beautiful nz nature. he is enrolled at Oxford University. one player with a big brain i can see.

Now that the RSA Federation has lifted the ban on overseas players to be selected for the boks, Victor Matfield can still play for Toulon....or not?

danci

Messaggio da danci » 27 mag 2008, 13:00

pier12345 ha scritto:ok Danci....time to pay that Pint!! :wink:
here I am Pier, a refreshin' Pint of this brand new beverage!!! :D :D

Immagine
Pukana ha scritto:Now that the RSA Federation has lifted the ban on overseas players to be selected for the boks, Victor Matfield can still play for Toulon....or not?
he probably could but he won't

Toulon next year:
budget around 15m €
stars Matfield, Oliver and Gregan going back home
stars DC and Bakkies Botha expected to sign soon
new coach, probably Henry Broncan
some big signings are expected, the pack will be particulary boosted
at least two games will be played at 60,000 seats stadium Velodrome in Marseille (about 40 kms from Toulon), v. Stade Francais and v. Top14 champions (Clermont, I predict... :roll: )

Pukana
Contatta:

Messaggio da Pukana » 27 mag 2008, 23:41

Pukana ha scritto:Now that the RSA Federation has lifted the ban on overseas players to be selected for the boks, Victor Matfield can still play for Toulon....or not?
he probably could but he won't

Toulon next year:
budget around 15m €
stars Matfield, Oliver and Gregan going back home
stars DC and Bakkies Botha expected to sign soon
new coach, probably Henry Broncan
some big signings are expected, the pack will be particulary boosted
at least two games will be played at 60,000 seats stadium Velodrome in Marseille (about 40 kms from Toulon), v. Stade Francais and v. Top14 champions (Clermont, I predict... :roll: )[/quote]

wow Pier, are you telling me they are kicking Tana Umga out and his coaching team????? i thought he would renew the staff contracts if the Top14 were reached.....

danci

Messaggio da danci » 28 mag 2008, 9:11

Pukana ha scritto:wow Pier, are you telling me they are kicking Tana Umga out and his coaching team????? i thought he would renew the staff contracts if the Top14 were reached.....
Tana is confirmed at RCT, Boudjellal said it officialy when interviewed on the pitch just after the win v Racing Metro Paris last sunday

what is to be settled are the new roles, who will be the effective head coach and who the team director or, possibly, both Umaga and Broncan with a co-coaching role (quite usual in french rugby)

Pukana
Contatta:

Messaggio da Pukana » 28 mag 2008, 9:50

danci ha scritto:
Pukana ha scritto:wow Pier, are you telling me they are kicking Tana Umga out and his coaching team????? i thought he would renew the staff contracts if the Top14 were reached.....
Tana is confirmed at RCT, Boudjellal said it officialy when interviewed on the pitch just after the win v Racing Metro Paris last sunday

what is to be settled are the new roles, who will be the effective head coach and who the team director or, possibly, both Umaga and Broncan with a co-coaching role (quite usual in french rugby)
sweet thanks mate

Rispondi

Torna a “Foreigner's Lounge”